Python Developer Salary in 2023
There is an enormous difference in the salaries of professionals around the globe. Check here to know how Python developer salaries are affected by the location, experience and skills.
From its inception in 1991 and even after almost two decades, Python has steadily but righteously, become the world's most popular programming language for developers and organizations alike.
Python is now used everywhere.
From creating a simple website backend to game development to complex Machine Learning algorithms, Python and its family of libraries have steadily evolved due to open source contributions. This article throws light on what the global market expects and offers Python developers.
According to the PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index, Python is the most popular language, which grew by 25.9% in the last 5 years.
Who is a Python Developer and what do they do?
A Python Developer is someone who is usually in charge of designing, coding, and delivering software applications using the Python language.
Python programming language has been extensively used for web development and data analysis. The fields of Data Science and Machine learning are now effectively utilizing Python developers for complex AI algorithms and applications. Because of this, there is a dramatic increase in their current salary trend and the need for developers with experience in Python.
Why developers love Python?
Because of its ease to use, corporate sponsorships, and a supportive open-source community, Python has gained favoritism among developers of all ages. It is the second most popular choice after R language to use for Data Science and Analytics (DSA). Libraries such as TensorFlow for neural networks and OpenCV for computer vision are being used in thousands of machine learning projects every day.
Major corporations such as Google, NASA, YouTube, Industrial Light and Magic, Amazon, Instagram, Facebook, Dropbox, IBM, Netflix, and Reddit among the others use Python.
99.9% of Dropbox’s source code is written in Python, which includes its server backend, desktop client, website controller logic, and analytics tools.
The different job roles of a Python developer
According to SlashData, Python has surpassed more than 8.2 million active developers with the language being most popular for Machine Learning and IoT applications.
Crowned as the 'sexiest job title of the 21st century', data scientists combine computer science, modeling, statistics, business knowledge, analytics, and math skills to help organizations make objective data-driven decisions. They help by designing data modeling processes, algorithms, and predictive models to extract and analyze the data the business needs.
Data Scientist Responsibilities
- Identify valuable and critical data sources.
- Collect, clean, store, and analyze data.
- Build predictive data science models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present final information and trends using data visualization techniques.
- Frequent collaboration with engineering and product development teams.
Data scientist required skills
- Machine learning skills: Implement algorithms and models to teach the program to learn from the data.
- Programming skills: Writing code in a variety of languages such as Java, R, Python, and SQL.
- Computer science skills: Applying the principles of artificial intelligence, database systems management, and software engineering.
- Statistical analysis and data storytelling: Identify patterns and trends in data. Visualize those trends using data visualization techniques.
- Analytical and Critical thinking. Find analytical and objective solutions to business problems.
- Communication skills: Communicate across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization.
Data Scientist Salary
The highest average annual salaries for Data Scientists are seen in countries such as the United States, Australia, Israel, and Canada and the lowest average annual salaries are present in countries such as Poland, Ukraine, India, and Russia.
The average data scientist salary in India is around ₹708,012 or $9363, and that in the United States is around $113,436, according to Glassdoor. We highly recommend the Data Scientist Salary guide to know more about how the salary of a Data scientist changes across the globe and the factors affecting their salary.
Artificial Intelligence Engineer / Machine Learning Engineer
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are rapidly gaining momentum with several applications that provide solutions across various disciplines and technologies.
ML Engineer Responsibilities
- Designing and developing machine learning systems/algorithms and tools according to requirements.
- Performing statistical analysis and training the system.
- Training and re-training of ML systems when necessary.
- Selection of datasets and data representation methods.
ML Engineer required skills
- Programming skills: Writing code in a variety of languages such as Java, R, Python, SQL, and C++. Good understanding of essential topics such as data structures, memory management, and classes.
- Statistical analysis: Identify patterns and trends in data. A good understanding of matrices, vectors, matrix multiplication, derivatives, and integrals is necessary.
- Applied Mathematics: A good knowledge of algorithm theory and related topics like gradient descent, convex optimizations, quadratic programming, and much more.
- Neural networking architecture: A good understanding of Neural networks and other libraries such as NLTK, Gensim, and techniques like word2vec, natural language processing (NLP) , and sentimental analysis.
- Machine learning skills: Implementing algorithms and models to train and re-train the system.
- Communication skills: Communicate across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization.
ML Engineer Salary
The highest average annual salaries for Machine Learning Engineers are seen in countries such as the United States, Australia, Israel, and Canada and the lowest average annual salaries are present in countries such as Egypt, Romania, and India.
The average Machine Learning Engineer salary in India is around ₹708,012 or $9363, and that in the United States is around $140477.
Python Web Developer
Python web development frameworks such as Django and Flask have helped create amazing web applications. As a result, the demand for Python web developers is rapidly growing. The development market itself is seeing a trend of migration of organizations that preferred using PHP/.NET in the backend towards a Python backend.
Python web developer Responsibilities
- Writing clean, reusable, and efficient code for backend components.
- Testing and debugging the code.
- Integration of front-end elements with server-side logic.
- Creation of database schemas representing and supporting business processes.
- Implementing data and security protection across all server-side components.
Python web developer required skills
- Programming skills: Excellent knowledge or basic understanding of front-end and back-end programming languages. Integration of front-end elements with server-side logic. Hands-on experience with Django, Flask, or other required Python frameworks.
- Design skills: Ability to design scalable products and implement servers so that they are highly available.
- Multi-Process Architecture: A firm understanding of MVC(Model View Controller) and MVT(Model View Template) Architecture.
- Analytical skills: A good understanding of algorithms and the ability to write optimized code and algorithms.
- Communication skills: Communicating with the design team to understand and implement end-user requirements in the existing or new system.
Python web developer Salary
The highest average annual salaries for python web developers are seen in countries such as the United States, Australia, Japan, Canada, United Kingdom,and Switzerland and the lowest average annual salaries are present in countries such as Egypt, India, Indonesia, and Romania.
The average python web developer salary in India is around $4068, and that in the United States is around $118974.
Factors Affecting Python Developer Salary
Some of the primary factors affecting the salary of Python developers are listed below:
To understand how python developer salary can change based on the above-said factors, we are going to consider data from India and the US.
Python Developer Salary Based on Experience
The average annual salaries of entry-level, mid-level, and senior python developers in India are ₹427,293 ($5655), ₹909,818 ($12,041), and ₹1,150,000 ($15,220) respectively.
The average annual salaries of entry-level, mid-level, and senior python developers in the United States are $74435, $100,826, and $127,217 respectively. Employees are also paid an additional $5,000 cash bonus per year.
Python Developer Salary Based on Location
The average annual salary of a python developer in India is around ₹577,616 or $7644. In India cities such as Gurgoan and Bangalore which are an established hub of international IT organizations, pay Python developers with the highest salary in the country.
The average annual salary of a python developer in the US is $120365. The states of New York, California, and Washington DC pay Python developers with the highest salary in the country.
Python Developer Salary Based on Skillset
According to recent research conducted by CV Compiler, additional skills such as knowledge of version control systems, database management, and working experience in a Linux environment are seen as essential and in-demand skills by employers. Experienced employees with such skillset have a chance of increasing their salary accordingly.
Also, how strong/familiar you are with the essential added skills plays a vital role in your selection process. Organizations conduct a python online test to assess the basic python skills of a candidate.
🌟 Extra Resources 🌟
💡 Pro-Tip: Data Scientist Salary
🔥 Hot-Tip: Using a pre-employment assessment reduces the time required to hire professionals.
🔥 Hot-Tip: Use our Data Scientist Job Description for your hiring needs.